Help Center

Help Informations

What kind of help do you need?

illustration of a telephone

Need Urgent Help or Support?

If you are in imminent danger to harm oneself or another and/or experiencing a life-threatening emergency, please call 911 or go to the local emergency room nearest to where you are currently residing.

For MU and MIAD students on or near campus:

If you are experiencing a non-life-threatening mental health concern, call the Counseling Center at (414) 288-7172, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. to speak with a counselor on call. On weekdays after 4 p.m., weekends and holidays, call the Marquette University Police Department at (414) 288-6800 and ask to talk to the on-call counselor.  If you have a treating provider, consider reaching out to their crisis services as they know you and your treatment needs best.

For MU and MIAD students who are currently away from campus:

Contact your treating therapist or your physician as they will know where to get you the professional services needed in your area.  Contact your local health and human services department where you reside for help in locating mental health clinicians in your local area.  If you are currently not in treatment with a professional clinician, feel free to contact the MU Counseling Center at (414) 288-7172 for help linking with referrals in your area.

For faculty/staff at MU: 

Contact the MU EAP through Aurora Health Care at (800) 236-3231 for assistance in finding providers who are available to speak with you/see you more urgently.

There are also national confidential help lines available 24/7 available to anyone in a suicidal crisis or emotional distress:

  • 24/7 National Suicide Prevention Hotline:  Call 988 (TALK)
  • 24/7 National Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741
  • For young people of color: Text STEVE to 741741
  • 24/7 Lifeline for LGBTQ+ community - Trevor Project: Call 1-866-488-7386